IW814 - Channel Vision 8 Rectangular In-Wall Speaker, Pair
The Channel Vision IW814 8” Rectangular In-Wall Speaker Pair has been designed with special attention to performance. As part of the Soprano Series, it features a US engineered crossover network – for smooth transitions from lows to highs and superior power handling capability. The series provides true stereo quality, not simply background music. The IW814 offers versatile performance which makes it a natural choice for multi-room and home theater applications.
The Channel Vision IW814 8” Rectangular In-Wall Speakers feature a pivoting 1” voice coil tweeter, 8” Kevlar, butyl rubber surround with 24oz. magnet, poly switch for tweeter protection, custom designed crossover network, and a small perforated designer grille. They have a recommended power handling of 160 watts and a frequency range of 40Hz to 20KHZ ± 3dB.
The Channel Vision IW814 8” Rectangular In-Wall Speaker Pair includes paint mask and mounting template.
For warranty purposes only buy Channel Vision products from an Authorized Distributor like Cabling Plus!
Installation of the Channel Vision IW814 8” Rectangular In-Wall Speakers:
- Use the provided template to mark and cut a hole in drywall away in the center of the stud bay
- We recommend wiring with AWG 16 or larger, stranded wire for speakers
- For proper phasing, both speakers must be wired alike
- Connect red wires to red terminals on the IW814 and to red or plus terminals on the amplifier
- Install the IW814 in the hole. Tighten the mounting screws
- The mounting “dogs ears” on the IW814 will rotate outward and grip the drywall. Do not over tighten the screws
- Aim tweeter
- To control the volume of the IW814 locally, use an impedance matching volume control
- Includes: (1) IW814 8” Rectangular In-Wall Speaker Pair
- Sold as Pair
- Tweeter: Pivoting 1” voice coil, enclosed, rare earth neodymium magnet
- Woofer: 8” Kevlar, butyl rubber surround with 24oz. magnet
- Recommended power: 20W to 160W (peak)
- Gold speaker terminals
- Poly switch for tweeter protection
- Paint mask and mounting template included
- Custom designed crossover network
- Small perforated designer grille
- Larger power handling capacity
- Timbre balanced 40Hz to 20KHZ ± 3dB
- 2ndorder Linkwitz-Riley 12dB per octave crossover
- 20-watt RMS min, 160-watt peak, 90dB sensitivity 1W/1m
- Part#: IW814