SLR-835 - Hochiki Photoelectric Smoke Detector Head, Bone
The Hochiki SLR-835 Bone Photoelectric Smoke Detector Head can be used in all areas where photoelectric smoke detectors are required. It is suited for fires ranging from smoldering to flaming fires.
The SLR-835 is compatible with the Hochiki NS4 Series, NS6 Series, HSC-4R or HSC-(X)R Style bases. You have complete flexibility to choose the base that that best supports your installation requirements.
The SLR-835 Photoelectric Smoke Detector utilizes two bicolored LEDs for indication of status. In a normal standby condition the LEDs flash green every 3 seconds. When the detector senses that its sensitivity has drifted outside the UL listed sensitivity window the LEDs will flash Red every 3 seconds. When the detector senses smoke and goes into alarm the status LEDs will latch on Red. The detector utilizes an infrared LED light source and silicon photo diode receiving element in the smoke chamber. In a normal standby condition, the receiving element receives no light from the pulsing LED light source. In the event of a fire, smoke enters the detector smoke chamber and light is reflected from the smoke particles to the receiving element. The light received is converted into an electronic signal. Signals are processed and compared to a reference level, and when two consecutive signals exceeding the reference level are received within a specified period of time, the time delay circuit triggers the SCR switch to activate the alarm signal. The status LEDs light on the SLR-835 is continuously during the alarm period.
- Includes: (1) SLR-835 Bone Photoelectric Smoke Detector Head
- Bone Color
- 2 or 4 wire base compatibility, relay bases available
- Highly stable operation, RF/Transient protection
- Low standby current
- Two built-in power/sensitivity supervision/alarm LEDs
- Non-directional smoke chamber
- Vandal resistant security locking feature
- Removable smoke labyrinth for cleaning or replacement
- Backwards compatible with Hochiki SLK and SIH detectors
- Automatic Sensitivity window verification function meets outline requirements in the NFPA 72 Inspection Testing and Maintenance, Chapter 7
- Light Source: GaAlAs Infrared LED
- Operating Voltage Nominal: 12 VDC or 24 VDC
- Working Voltage: 8.0 - 35.0 VDC (35.0 VDC Max)
- Wave Form: Filtered DC 15% Ripple Max.
- Alarm Current: 150mA Maximum
- Surge Current: 200μA Maximum (2 wire)
- Supervisory Current: 38μA AVG @12 VDC, 55μA AVG @24 VDC, 70μA AVG @35 VDC
- Ambient Temperature: 32° F - 120° F (0° C - 49° C)
- Sensitivity Test Feature: Automatic Sensitivity and Window Verification Test
- Part#: SLR-835