AB-315 - Channel Vision A-Bus On-Wall Docking Station for iPod
Contractors: Get Dealer Pricing Here!
The Channel Vision AB-315 A-Bus On-Wall Docking Station for iPod is an on-wall iPod docking station for A-BUS audio systems. The AB-315 allows you to listen, charge, and control your iPod music and video from any room in your home or business. It features an elegant design and functionality; it enhances your iPod entertainment experience.
The Channel Vision AB-315 A-Bus On-Wall Docking Station for iPod will integrate with all A-BUS Audio Systems. It Senses audio to automatically override the main audio source. It uses Cat5e cabling and mounts in a standard 2-gang box. The AB-315 is designed to work with iPod Nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th generation), iPod touch (1st and 2nd generation), iPod classic, iPod with video, iPod with Click Wheel, and iPod mini.
Installation of the Channel Vision AB-315 A-Bus On-Wall Docking Station for iPod is fast and easy! If you want to use a remote control for the AB-315 use the Channel Vision A0505 Audio & Video System Remote Control offered by Cabling Plus!
Cabling Plus is an Authorized Stocking Distributor of the entire line of Channel Vision Products.
- Includes: (1) AB-315 A-Bus On-Wall Docking Station for iPod
- Compatible with all A-BUS Audio Systems
- Charges the iPod while it is docked
- Senses audio to automatically override the main audio source
- Supports IR control: compatible with A0505 or Apple Remote
- Uses CAT5 Cabling
- Mounts in a standard 2-gang box
- Technical Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 24VDC
- Cable Requirements: CAT5 or better
- Recommended Max. Cable Length: 250ft.
- Wire Type: 4-pair, UTP Category 5, 5e or 6
- Wall Dock (2-gang): 4.88”W x 5.14”H x1.24”D (front)
- Rear Depth: 1.56”
- Wall Dock and Keypad(3-gang): 6.73”W x 5.14”H x 1.24”D (front)
- Rear Depth: 1.56”
- Color: White
- iPod Nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th generation)
- iPod touch (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod with video
- iPod with Click Wheel
- iPod mini
- Part#: AB-315
Connection Tips and Troubleshooting
1) Be sure you have connected the CAT5 cable correctly. Follow the TIA-568A standard at both ends. Incorrect wiring can cause distorted sound or prevent the system from working at all!
2) Be sure you have connected the speakers in phase. Follow the label on the product. Out of phase speakers can rob the system of its bass. Especially when driving dual-voice-coil speakers.
3) Trouble with IR control?
a. Make sure you are using the correct remote control. The AB-315 will only respond to IR signals from the Apple Remote produced by Apple Computer or the A0505 produced by Channel Vision. Other 3rd party remote controls are not supported.
b. Check the batteries in the remote control and change them if necessary.
4) The AB-315 is designed to charge the iPod. When the iPod is not playing music, the screen should indicate that the iPod is being charged. If this does not occur, make sure the power is reaching the volume control keypad (press the volume buttons to see if the LED indicators light up).
5) Observe wiring distance specifications. The maximum recommended wire length between the AB-315 wall dock and CAT5 audio hub is 250 feet. Although the AB-315 may work at greater distances, extreme distances are not recommended because erratic performance may result due to the power loss caused by the CAT5 wire.
6) If you are experiencing problems with your iPod that occur even when it is not docked in the AB-315, then please contact Apple customer service for support.
7) If you need additional help troubleshooting the AB-315 please contact Channel Vision technical support or check our website for more details: www.channelvision.com