2GIG-DW10-345 - 2GIG Wireless Door/Window Contact
The 2GIG 2GIG-DW10-345 Wireless Door/Window Contact is designed to be installed in the home or business when using the 2GIG Wireless Alarm System. The 2GIG-DW10-345 can be installed on doors, windows, and many other objects that open and close. The sensor transmits signals to the control panel when a magnet mounted near the sensor is moved away from or closer to the sensor. The 2GIG-DW10-345 has an external input that accepts N/C dry contact devices. The sensor is also equipped with a cover tamper for additional security.
The 2GIG 2GIG-DW10-345 Wireless Door/Window Contact is fully supervised and tamper protected. It comes with lithium batteries that provide up to 5 years of life.
The 2GIG 2GIG-DW10-345 Contact provides a 350ft range and includes two (2) Phillip’s flat-head screws, one (1) two-pin connector with a 12” flying 2-wire lead, and adhesive strip.
- Includes: (1) 2GIG-DW10-345 Wireless Door/Window Contact
- Wireless Signal Range: 350 ft., open air, with 2GIG Wireless Alarm Control Panel
- Code Outputs: Alarm; Alarm Restore; External Alarm; External Restore; Tamper; Tamper Restore; Supervisory; Low Battery
- Transmitter Frequency: 345.000 MHz (crystal controlled)
- Transmitter Frequency: Tolerance ± 15 kHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth: 24 kHz
- Modulation Type: Amplitude Shift Keying—On/Off Keying (ASK-OOK)
- Unique ID Codes: Over one (1) million different code combinations
- Supervisory Interval: 70 minutes
- Peak Field Strength: Typical 36,000 uV/m at 3m
- External Input Sampling Current: 20 uA
- External Input: Accepts N/C dry contact devices
- Reed Switch Magnetic Sensitivity: 10 to 20 amp turns
- Reed Sensitivity: 0.625 in. (1.59 cm) minimum gap, 0.85 in. (2.16 cm) typical
- Magnet Type: Rare earth
- Magnet Dimensions (LxWxH): 1.3 x 0.435 x 0.312 in. (3.3 x 1.1 x 0.79 cm)
- Sensor Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.59 x 1.03 x 0.49 in. (6.58 x 2.62 x 1.24 cm)
- Weight (including battery & magnet): 1.1 oz. (31.2 g)
- Housing Material: ABS plastic
- Color: White
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5-95% Non-Condensing
- Battery (included): Two (2) Panasonic CR2032, or equivalent Lithium batteries
- Regulatory Listing(s): ETL, FCC Part 15, Industry Canada
- Warranty: Two (2) years
- Part#: 2GIG-DW10-345
2GIG-DW10-345 Installation & Mounting Guidelines
Use the following guidelines for internal switch usage:
1. Mount the sensor on the door frame and the magnet on the door. If the sensor is used on double doors, mount the sensor on the least-used door and the magnet on the most-used door.
2. If possible, locate sensors within 100 ft. (30 m) of the panel. While a transmitter may have a range of 350 ft. (106 m) or more out in the open, the environment at the installation site can have a significant effect on transmitter range. Sometimes a change in sensor orientation can help overcome adverse wireless conditions.
3. Make sure the alignment arrow on the magnet points to the alignment mark on the sensor.
4. Place sensors at least 4.7 in. (12 cm) above the floor to avoid damaging them.
5. Avoid mounting sensors in areas where they will be exposed to moisture or where the sensor operating temperature range of 32 to 120°F (0 to 49°C) will be exceeded.
6. Use spacers (not included) to keep sensors and magnets away from metal or metallic surfaces such as foil wallpaper.
7. Avoid mounting sensors in areas with a large quantity of metal or electrical wiring, such as a furnace or utility room.
To mount the 2GIG-DW10-345 sensor, do the following:
1. Place the base of the 2GIG-DW10-345 in the desired location and secure with included screws.
2. When mounting the magnet, line up the arrow on the magnet with the middle line on one side of the sensor. Mount the magnet no more than 0.4 in. (1 cm) away from the sensor. Be sure to secure the magnet with adhesive.
To use the external input of 2GIG-DW10-345:
1. Repeat above instructions for mounting.
2. Drill hole through access hole, if needed.
3. Plug two-pin connector into J1.
4. Connect wire to N/C dry contact device.
The following steps describe general guidelines for programming (learning) the sensor into the alarm control panel memory.
2GIG-DW10-345 Programming Instructions
1. To remove the sensor cover, use your finger to press the tab on the end of the case. This will disengage the clip holding the cover to the base.
2. Set the panel to sensor learning mode.
3. Press and release the tamper switch (SW1) on the sensor until the panel responds.
4. Replace the base of the sensor.
5. Exit program mode.
Before mounting the sensor, verify that the sensor mounting location provides good RF communication to the panel. To verify, do the following:
1. Put the control panel into sensor test mode.
2. Hold the magnet next to the alignment mark on the side of the sensor and then pull the magnet away from the sensor.
3. Listen for siren or keypad beeps to determine appropriate response (refer to the control panel installation instructions).
4. Exit sensor test mode.
Note: It is recommended that a system test be performed per the Operation & User’s Guide at least once a year.